Nealy’s Flooring has been providing the Kitchener community with quality name brand flooring products for over three decades, so they know a thing or two about keeping floors clean. Whether it’s elegant hardwood, comfortable carpet or stylish stone, follow these tips and tricks for keeping all your floors looking clean, new and presentable.
- Vacuum floors at least once a week.Use doormats at entrances to keep dirt and dust at bay.
- Protect high-traffic areas with area rugs or protective mats.
- Avoid using general household dusting and cleaning products on hardwood floors. Use only products specifically made for hardwood.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe up spills on hardwood.
- Don’t use water to mop hardwood floors, because water can cause permanent damage.
- When vacuuming hardwood, use a bare floor attachment, not one with a beater bar that can damage the wood.
- To rid carpets of stains, dab at them with some cleaning solution on a cloth.
- Avoid rubbing at carpet stains, as this will just spread the stain and damage the carpet fibres.
- Use club soda on beer and wine carpet stains.
- Annual deep steam cleanings will keep carpets looking fresh and new.
- Use an electric toothbrush dipped in vinegar and baking soda to clean up dirty grout.
- Avoid using anything abrasive on natural stone flooring.
- Dust mop stone floors frequently using a clean mop or broom.
Nealy’s Flooring has what you need to turn your house into your dream home. The showroom is located at 500 Bingemans Centre Drive in Kitchener and offers free parking.
For more information on brand name products or services, visit the website at nealysflooring.com or call 519-570-0008. Store hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The store is closed on Sundays.